'On becoming' : OAP Toke Makinwa authors a book that reflects on what you need to know about her family



It is no longer news that popular Nigerian media personality, Toke Makinwa, is now an author.
What is, however, news is the fact that the controversial radio girl has opened a can of worms in her tell-all memoir titled ‘On Becoming’.
The book was launched at a star-studded event on Sunday in Lagos. She was joined by her celebrity friends, Stephanie Coker, Arese Ugwu, Annie Idibia, Mo Abudu, Abike Dabiri, 2Baba, Lola OJ and Lilian Afegbai at the event. Others include, Kaylah Oniwo, Simi, Jeremiah Ogbodo, D’Banj, and Bolanle Olukanni.
In the book, Toke, an avid reveller, spilled never-heard-before details about her 18-month-old marriage to fitness coach, Maje Ayida, which crashed like a pack of badly stashed cards in July 2015.
The book also detailed what transpired in the love triangle between herself, her estranged husband and Anita Solomon, who is alleged to be responsible for the crash of the union. Anita is a lawyer, a mediator and an Internet business coach.
It also revealed that their marriage crashed after she discovered that Anita was pregnant for her now estranged husband. Anita has since been delivered of a son who turned a year old a few months ago.
It was, however, shocking to know that Makinwa had headed for the High Court in Lagos a few months back and filed for a divorce.
In the divorce papers, Maje and Anita are listed as respondents.
Excerpts from the book:
The Other Woman
“Who was that girl?” I asked
“That’s that girl”
“Which girl?”
“The girl I told you about. Her friends are always calling me to say she really likes me and has a crush on me. Her name is Anita.”
“So that’s the Anita girl they say you are dating.”
“I’m not dating her. How can I date someone that is always saying ‘can I come and see you? I’ll bring my friend that you think is cute’?”
“I accepted Maje’s explanation and concluded that Anita was not important. So I’ll be with Maje and she’d call and I’d tell him, “The girl that has a crush on you is calling.” And it would be nothing.”
The climax of the book is in chapter 8 titled ‘Hurt’. In the chapter, Toke revealed that Maje returned from a trip and infected her with an STI.
She notes,  “He had given me an STI in the past. He’d returned from a trip once and we had sex, and a few days later I was itching.
I went to the doctors and they prescribed medication, but when I asked Maje about the infection he denied knowing anything about it. I went through his phone and saw a conversation with Anita where she complained that she had been itching.
According to her, it was not news to Maje, more like an update that she was giving him on a situation that he already knew about.
“He asked what the doctor’s report said and what was prescribed. I knew I would be putting myself at risk if I closed my eyes to whatever he chose to do on the side. So I went back to putting all my attention into my work.”


The TV host in her new book talks about contemplating suicide, finding God, bleaching and more.
Although Maje has yet to respond to Toke’s allegations, Anita posted a cryptic message on Twitter this morning. It read, “The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us, but those who win battles we know nothing about.”
Toke and Maje wedded at a private registry in Lagos in 2014 but the union broke down irrevocably almost 18 months later.
When the news was broken, Maje recorded an Instagram video where he apologized to Toke.
In the video, he said his behaviour had caused a lot of anguish to everyone involved, and he still loves wife.
He later made an Instagram post which read, “I am writing to express my sincerest apologies to my wife. I was wrong, it is indefensible and I am sorry. I deeply regret what my wife and my family have had to endure. My behaviour has caused a lot of anguish to everyone. Though this matter has been very public in nature, it is a private issue and I would appreciate the opportunity to face it privately. I love my wife and will make every effort to make things right.”

source: premium times

1 comment:

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Comfam247.com

For advert placements,to submit articles,Gossips and further enquiries, contact us: +2348138084871

*Join our Facebook group on :

facebook.com/groups/comfam247

comfam247@groups.facebook.com

Powered by Blogger.