THE MYSTERIOUS STORY OF OBINNA__EPISODE 2

     I was in the midst of students,my fellow classmates per say, whi value their education.We were discussing about academics.I felt it was a privilege being with them because everyone sees these people as gods.Once you are with them,you are rated as a responsible student,even the teachers will recognize you.
     So,we were discussing about how the teachers have deserted their work and left the students with the option of doing the way they like and at the end,the will set mind-boggling exams that will make every student eat up their biro in the exam hall.Hahaha,I know alot of you would wonder if I do stuffs like that then.Yes,ofcourse I do.Infact,atimes,I find myself sweating like someone who had just fallen from an iroko tree.It marvels me then how some students wouldn't last upto 30mins in their seat,and they will submit their books,exam that is usually set for 2-3 hours, as though they saw the questions before the exam.
     So, I was telling them that what gives me the highest shock is that the teachers would come to the class,give out the scheme of work and that's the end of it.They would never come to class again.They would just be waiting until that time when they will come with loads of mind-boggling exam questions.They looked at each other as I said this and laughed as if I was talking trash.Then, Ikechukwu had to put me back to discussion.He told me that I never had to wait for the teachers to appear before I will pick to studies.He told me he had finished the term's scheme of work for all the subjects.As at the time he was telling me this,ths school had barely resumed for two weeks.I was baffled at how possible it could be for someone to finish the scheme of work in two weeks.Not just a subject,but the whole subjects.As at then,we offer 17 subjects and everyone of them was compulsory.I couldn't just believe him but I was determined to see if he was coying on me.
     When the school dismissed for the day,I walked up to Ikechukwu again.
      "Seriously Ikechukwu,ever since you told me you had covered the term's work,I still couldn't bear that big lie"
       "Oh,I see,dull brain though but what did you expect? I am even in pains that most of my friends from other schools are soon to cover all they need to cover for the Senior section.Lets see tomorrow.I'm almost late .Bye Obinna and do take your studies rather firm this time"
    He wanted the leave but he came back to me after some steps.
    "Lest I forget,Obinna,I have been wanting to say this to you.Look around you.If you keep up with this way,you will later regret why you attended school"
    I went home that very day filled with thoughts as to why he would say such thing to me.All of a sudden,I felt this sudden remorse,that engulfed my reasoning.
    The following day,after the morning assembly,I walked up to Ikechukwu.I asked him to teach me how to read like him,that I needed to be like him.He looked at me feeling pitied for a poor student who is just waking up from endless dreams of luxuriating in a worthless life.
    He shook his head and left.I thought he had given me a blush not knowing he wanted to be sure but I was determined.I laughed and left.
    Not quite long,I went back to him.I asked him the same question.
    This time it appears he is beginning to lend me some believing ears.He told me it would be hard for me but I will get to like it with time.I felt impressed with the assurance he gave me without bathing an eyelid,just to show me he was really enjoying the way he studies as if he is trying to learn everything in the world.
      Ikechukwu was scribbling over some JAMB past questions,feeling unawares while he was telling me that the first step i MUST take is to detach myself from my friends.
     I imagined,this samd people that gave me joy.I thought over the many pleasantries I would forfeit.Could it be that he is being jealous? , I had asked myself
Possibly not because if he had wanted,he can still be friends with them.After all,every student wants him as a friend.I couldnt still imagine this.What will I do? But I needed a  Change in me.I needed to do something good for once.My mum had earlier said that I am becoming a disappointment and my father had also to take me along with him to his workshop where he does mechanic work,if I happen to fail this time and I had hated to be there.Worst of it all,I am the first born and my junior siblings often bring home their assignments for me to help them carry it out.I never helped them.I also come up with excuses and they will usually tell me how others are helping their siblings.Theh had even doscovered that I dont know it which is why I always come up with excuses.Now they even act drama with my acts,usually mocking at the way I slide away from what I am supposed to do for them.All these kept jarring on my nerves All of a sudden,I made up my mind the leave this group.
   The following day at school,during break period,I was in the class and my friends came to take me along for football.I told them I am not in for the day.They were all baffled at my sudden act.They tried to convince me but I bursted out.I shunned them to allow me think over my life.They stared at me with amazement.I left them in annoyed.
     Everyone looked at us in surprise.When I got to the library,I rememberred I had forgotten to come along with my books.I rushed back to the class to get them.When I returned,you won't believe what was happening in the class.....°°°°°
    Stay tuned for THE MYSTERIOUS STORY OF OBINNA__EPISODE 3
         
      www.henryaniagor.blogspot.com

No comments:

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Comfam247.com

For advert placements,to submit articles,Gossips and further enquiries, contact us: +2348138084871

*Join our Facebook group on :

facebook.com/groups/comfam247

comfam247@groups.facebook.com

Powered by Blogger.